In this tutorial we will explain how to create a bar chart.
Unlike charts meant to show continuous data, such as Line, Area and Scatter Plot charts, Bar Charts don’t sort dates or fill in missing data values. This is because Bar Charts are generally used to display discrete data points or categories.
Pro tip, if using dates while using a Bar Chart, sort and/or zero fill your dates in the Data Pipeline as needed.
How to Create a Bar Chart
To create the Bar Chart in the above video, follow these steps in Chartio:
- From the Marketing Data Source, drag the COST into the Measures field.
- Then drag the DESCRIPTION into the Dimensions field.
- From here you can click on the TABLE chart type icon and see your results in the right hand side of the page.
- The first column will be the categories shown on the X axis. The next column(s) will be in the Y axis points that show the height of the bars.
- Select the BAR CHART from the list of chart types. Then you will see the description of the marketing spends in the columns and the cost of each of the spends on the Y-axis.