Data Stores allow you to save query results as a new data source. You can join data sources using multiple datasets, and apply transformations to the data in the Data Pipeline to get your data exactly how you want it.
Stored Tables are query results that have been saved as a new data source. A Data Store is a collection of one or more Stored Tables.
You may want to group Stored Tables into separate Data Stores to keep permissions separate, or to keep them organized.
You can create foreign keys between Stored Tables that are within the same Data Store.
Uses for Data Stores
- Join multiple data sources
- Pre-aggregate data to improve query performance
- Create simplified, team-specific data sources
- Apply often-used transformations (calculations, filters) directly to data source
- Write SQL against Google Analytics