The Admin API allows you to perform maintenance tasks on your organization.
See our Admin API documentation for a complete list of options.
The Admin API is a premium feature. Please contact email@example.com or your Data Advisor for more information.
Admin API Information
- There is one service account per organization. Its password can be reset if needed. Your service account cannot log into Chartio, and end-user credentials will not work with the API.
- Actions performed by the service account (credentials updated, user and team changes) are recorded in the Activity Log.
- Users are limited to 10,000 per org, and teams are limited to 2,000 per org.
- The API will limit the number of requests to 5,000 per 5 minute window per IP.
- The user endpoints will accept either an email or a user id as an identifier. (Email addresses are more convenient, but potentially less reliable because existing users can edit their email address.)
- When adding a user, an initial team must also be supplied in the request, similar to the application behavior.
- Once created, a user’s email address and name cannot be changed from the API, but users can log in and change their own email and password.