When exporting a chart as CSV, Chartio uses UTF-8 encoding. Excel may not recognize the encoding by default. If your data contains special characters, you may need to manually select UTF-8 encoding.
In Excel, you should be able to select the encoding by doing the following:
- Open the File menu, choose Import from the list.
- Choose the CSV and click Import.
- Select your file.
- In the File origin dropdown, choose the UTF-8 option.
- Click Next. Select formatting settings as needed. Check the CSV preview at the bottom of the window to make sure Excel is recognizing the formatting correctly.
- Click Finish to import the file.