Stitch uses Amazon Redshift for data warehousing. To connect Stitch to Chartio, you’ll need to do the following:
- Whitelist Chartio’s IP address in Redshift
- Enter the Redshift connection details into Chartio
Whitelisting Chartio’s IP Address
See our Redshift instructions for whitelisting Chartio’s IP address.
Add Stitch to Chartio
The following instructions can be used to set up a Direct Connection to your Stitch Redshift data warehouse. If you plan on using an SSH Tunnel to connect, see our Tunnel connection instructions.
Connection details can be found in your AWS management console, as described in the previous step.
In your Chartio account, select Data Sources > Add a Data Source. Select Amazon Redshift, then fill in the following:
- Hostname or IP: Your endpoint, excluding the colon and port number.
- Database Port
- Connect using SSL: Leave checked to use SSL.
- Database Username: The user you want to use to connect to Chartio; could be the master user, the Stitch user, or something else.
- Database Password: Password associated with database user.
- Database Name: The name of the database that you used to connect to Stitch. This should be the same database that’s listed in the Database field in your Stitch Warehouse Settings.
- Extract Schema: Leave checked.
- Time Zone Support: Select Time Zone to automatically apply your organization’s and dashboards’ time zone to your data.
- Data Source Alias: A nickname for your database.
When finished, click Connect.